Volpara announces Board of Directors Changes
Wellington, NZ, 15 January 2020: Volpara Health Technologies (“Volpara” or ”the Company”; ASX: VHT), a SaaS medical technology company whose AI imaging algorithms assist the early detection of breast cancer, is pleased to announce changes to the Board, which contributes towards best-practice governance standards and enhances expertise around patient data and US healthcare networks.
On January 31, 2020, the following Board changes will become effective:
- Karin Lindgren, a healthcare technology lawyer and senior IT executive, based in Boulder, Colorado, will be joining the Board as an independent, non-executive Director. Karin has a STEM degree and brings in-depth knowledge of data privacy, US healthcare and has extensive personal networks across the IT landscape.
- Professor Sir Mike Brady, will be retiring after 10 years of service on the Board.
Paul Reid, Chairman of Volpara, said “We have known and worked with Karin over the last 12 months, and we’ve been extremely impressed with her skills, experience and networks into the big US IT companies, and her extensive knowledge of healthcare IT, especially around patient data where rules & regulations are dynamically evolving. She is an experienced Board Director and can provide key insights into the US healthcare market where she is based.
“As sad as we are to see Sir Mike – who is one of the company’s founders retire from the Board - we note that best-practice dictates rotation and independence of Board members. Sir Mike has indicated that he will continue to be available to company as needs be. We wish to publicly thank Sir Mike for his numerous contributions in assisting Volpara to become a major player in breast cancer screening and look forward to continuing working with him within the industry”.
Sir Mike Brady said “As a founder of the company, I have been on the Board since the company was started in 2009, and while it is a continuing delight to see the growth and progress that Volpara continues to make, I am aware that I have not been able to participate as much as I would like due to distance and time. It has been a great pleasure and privilege to serve as a member of the Board, and I will, of course, always be available as and when the Company feels it would be useful.”
Short Biography of Karin Lindgren:
- Healthcare technology lawyer & senior IT executive
- 35 years’ experience in Health Information Technology
- Former General Counsel, Chief Compliance Officer & Chief Privacy Officer, University Health System Consortium (which covers 90% of US academic medical centers)
- Former General Counsel & Chief Privacy Officer, Reed Group
- Senior VP, Legal Affairs, Availity
- Founding faculty for Health Informatics Program at Northwestern University
- Board member of multiple private and non-for-profit organizations
About Volpara Solutions
Volpara Solutions is the wholly owned sales and marketing arm of Volpara Health Technologies Limited of New Zealand. Available in most markets where breast cancer screening is commonplace, VolparaDensity provides an objective volumetric measure of breast density from both digital mammography and tomosynthesis data. VolparaEnterprise is a suite of quantitative breast imaging tools for personalized measurements of density, patient-specific x-ray dose, breast compression, breast positioning, and other factors designed to provide critical insight for breast imaging workflow. VolparaLive! provides technologists with real-time decision support at the point of care to assess image quality. For more information, visit www.volparasolutions.com.
# # #
Chris K. Joseph